Monday, December 9, 2013

Nail File: Favorite Winter Polishes




As we all know, the weather is cooling way down here. One of my favorite things from season to season is the change in nail polish color. I'm usually into darker colors for fall and winter, like plum, grey and black. There are also a few brighter shades I like to wear for a pop. Read on to see which colors I'm loving lately.

Red
Obviously the holidays are coming up fast and a favorite among the festive colors is red. Red is a color that I wear all year long almost every other week. There are a few different shades and textures, as with any polish out there. My favorites are the classic red with no sparkle like this Butter London and a darker shade with some shimmer like this by OPI. 


Navy/Plum
Darker colors are embraced in the colder months, so if you're not ready to go for a full on black, two good colors are navy and plum. I usually like navy colors without any sparkles like this Essie or shimmer and plum with a little shimmer in it like this by OPI. 


Sparkle
Like I mentioned before, the holidays are fast approaching and what better way to celebrate than confetti glitter on your nails? Maybe if you're not into that much sparkle you could do a french tip with some silver confetti or just one finger with a little glitter. My favorites are the silver confetti glitters like these two by Essie and OPI. 



What are your favorite polish colors in the winter?
 xx Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment